Monday, March 10, 2008

Our weekend

This weekend I babysat our nephew, Mason. He is 3 years old (almost exactly a year older than Mia) but his size makes you think he is 4. Kip and Gigi went out of town for the weekend so we had him Thursday through Sunday and Regan and Ben from Friday on. I think Collin liked having more boys in the house. Cameron and I thought that 7 kids under the age of 10 is a bit crazy! We won't be trying for that ever!! We'd have to have triplets next year for it to even be possible. But the kids all had a good time. Mia loved having her buddy Mason around for a few days. And overall it was pretty easy.

To get out of the house I decided to take the kids to Howard Amon park on Friday afternoon. Collin went with Cameron to work after school and then we headed to the park. It was a pretty nice day and we hadn't been to this park since last spring. They were remodeling it then and it is sooo much better now. The kids all had a great time so we decided to go back again the next day. Cameron took the 3 boys to work with him so I never had to go anywhere with all of them other than church. I'm going to have to be better about taking the kids to the park. We brought a lunch on Saturday and enjoyed a couple of hours there. Too bad I couldn't find anyone to go with me. Later we did yard work as a family since it was the first really nice day that Cameron was home.

We did get a date night on Friday. We left Regan and Collin in charge while we went out to a quick dinner to Anthony's. Cameron was cleaning out his desk at work this week and found a $100 gift card to there that he got for Christmas and had somehow forgotten about. So the dinner was even better knowing we weren't paying for it. We even have leftover money so we can go again (but not enough for both of us to eat).

I've been trying to download pictures all morning for this but it keeps telling me there is an error. I'll just go ahead and post this and add pictures later.

1 comment:

Yasmine said...

It's too bad I couldn't go to the park with you. Next time! Let's go to the gym tonight, I've had orchestra stuff going on but now I'm done for awhile!