Saturday, August 9, 2008

Breaking Dawn


Loved it! I finished it yesterday after reading as much as possible since I bought it Saturday afternoon. We took a quick vacation to Silverwood in Idaho this week so I didn't get to read it as quickly as I would have liked. It was an addicting book that I could hardly put down - although I am not a good writer, I think I'm a good editor and was surprised on some of the mistakes. My favorite mistake I caught was her saying she made pancakes for breakfast and then it said that Charlie looked up from his cereal bowl! I thought she said she made pancakes - why did he have a cereal bowl? Anyways, I hope you all take the time to read this book (or series for those of you women really behind in the game) asap. Then call me so we can discuss it!

7 comments:

Michelle said...

I'll have to look for that mistake when I read it. Unfortunately, I've got a couple of other books that I need to read first so it'll be a while before I get to read that one. Glad you finally have the internet again.

Deborama said...

I remeber the pancakes but not the cereal bowl. Your amazing to notice that! Peter and ShaRee decided Peter was a vampire and Scott is more of a warewolf. :) Now what will all of us desperate housewives talk about??? :)

Yasmine said...

Loved it too. Come work out this week!

Haley said...

Yay! I'm so glad you are back online. I haven't read the series yet...my sister and sister-in-law LOVE it...I'll have to check it out. Good luck getting ready for school. Speaking of shopping...I was buying clothes for Claire last night and found out that there is no tax on clothes in NJ! I'm so excited!

ShaRee said...

I am glad you are online again!!!!Debbie is right, Peter is an Edward. I feel like I am reading about him. I don't remember the pancake or cereal thing but I am only halfway through. I am to the part were Charlie sees her again after Bella's changes! My sister is visiting from Orem and I don't want to miss out on her, so I sneak a few hours into Bells world when she goes to bed! Anyway we will have to chat. I just gave the other three books to Peter's sister to read. I like them. My sister said, her sister-in-law said, the books are causing divorces and improper thoughts in women and they feel the need to go to their Bishop? What to believe? Peter likes it when I read them...hmmmm....

Shall we plan a girl trip to Forks? I understand there are tours now. :)

Jenny said...

I have to admit that I haven't read them and I don't think that I will. They had a big party with the ward ladies here and had about 40 women showed up. They played games and several things. I was told it was a great time by lots of friends. I just really have a hard time with fiction. I am more of a biography, autobiography, history person.
I am currently finishing a great book "General IKE". Focusing on his service in the military rather than presidency. Discusses his relationships/influences with Mac Arthur, Patton, Marshall, De Gaulle, Churchill - all told by his son. If you like history and WWII this is really good.

Heather B said...

You ARE a good editor! I loved the book too.