Friday, September 26, 2008

Business in Oregon

Cameron decided at the last minute to go on a business trip to Oregon last weekend and invited me along. Luckily, Gigi agreed to watch our kids so I could go. We drove down and stopped at 2 outlet malls in Oregon (no tax so everything to me is additional 8.3% off in my book). I found a lot of good buys and had the most fun that day. Plus we ate a late lunch at the Claim Jumper. It was so peaceful being just the 2 of us for the long drive down to Eugene, Oregon. The irrigation company that Cameron was going down to meet with put us up at the Hilton there and we had a comfy bed. While Cameron was in meetings I spent time beautifying all morning and reading in the afternoon after going to lunch with business conference with him. That night we went to dinner a few blocks down from the hotel with the company. We left the next day after another meeting and made the long drive home. Like many couples I know - we had some miscommunication on the drive home. I said I wanted to stop at Chevy's at the Clackamus mall on the way home for lunch. He said - really. I said no but somewhere there. He thought I meant I didn't want to eat lunch in Portland and drove on by!! By the time I starting paying attention (I was reading and checking blogs on my blackberry) we had long since passed that exit and I was starving. Sadly we finally stopped in Hood River at Quizno's. Not that it's bad but not what I wanted. I can go there anytime - we have plenty of Quizno's in our area. Next time I am going to be very specific about my wants so there will be no more misunderstandings.



The only pictures I took were the view from our hotel room. Very green and beautiful there although I saw very little of the city. I should have taken pictures of my purchases. My favorites are a cream sweater from the GAP and black peeptoe heels from factory brand shoes.

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Sounds like a fun little vacation. I would love to shop by myself for a day, especially when there's no tax. Stephen and I have more than our fair share of misunderstandings, most often when traveling. Bummer you didn't get to eat someplace that you really wanted to.

Yasmine said...

Jason and I never miscommunicate about food. We take our food very seriously. We miscommunicate about almost everything else...

Deborama said...

there are no people in your pictures! :) Fun trip though and Collin is too cute in his football gear! I was thinking about the blogs and finding people too and I thought it already takes me an entire day a week to catch up on everyones!

Heather B said...

That sounds awesome, and yay for 8.3% off.

ShaRee said...

I love Chevy's sorry you didn't get to go. What book are you into now? Anything as great as Twilight series? I want to come and do the apple thing. I need to go to town tomorrow and Sat. I will be making fudge pies...But I will sneak away somewhere in all of that madness. Bells probably wants me to bring her to see Morgan!

Haley said...

We did that just today...I asked for a specific type of chocolate and JJ brought home a very different type of chocolate...I was able to forgive him and eat it anyway :-)
Glad you had a fun trip---all that peace and quiet, shopping and beautifying sounds heavenly.