Monday, September 1, 2008

Farm Fun



I gave the kids the job of getting the rest of the toys out of the trailer on Saturday and a few minutes later I look out the window to see this! They pulled the wagon out of the trailer and put it to good use. In my opinion it looks like an ER visit waiting to happen but it was all in good fun!

I didn't take and pictures and I should have but yesterday we had Sam and Meredith Harker and Neal and Tammy Bybee and their families out to visit for the first time since we moved to Mattawa. The kids spent most of the time outside riding four wheelers, picking apples in the orchard, riding bikes and just having a great time out here together. We love doing things with the Harkers and Bybees and have some fun trips planned together in the coming months! Kip and Gigi and their family and our home teachers also visited during the afternoon/evening and I think we all had fun visiting! Kip and Gigi gave us a leather sectional to fill our empty living room which they brought over. I'm starting to feel more settled in and am ready to get busy on building our house. Hopefully by the end of this month it will get started.

7 comments:

Michelle said...

You know Sam Harker? From Pasco? Oh, my gosh. His older brother was one of my best friends. Small world.

Rebecca said...

I'm ready to come back and visit. Your girls look cute. Good hair day:)

Yasmine said...

Hey girl--
No ER trips is always a good day.
I was sorry to hear about Tammy and Neil's mom--hope they're doing ok.
Call me next time you're in town. I'm in a huge mess but at least I'm here!

Deborama said...

So fun! Your kids look so cute for school, they have such gorgeous hair it doesn't matter if you don't have it all in cute do's!

ShaRee said...

So are you going to Spokane to see Phantom? Fun! I love the movie better of course...The play was good though (loved the Phantom's voice)I hope you enjoy it. I want to come over.....I am helping Peter get everything back to normal, insurance, Les Schwab, new glasses, stuff that got broken etc, looking for new pickup...We will get together soon. He seems really needy right now. When he is busy cutting hay around next week I think we should play.

Michelle said...

I want to come visit too. Although I highly doubt that will happen anytime soon since I've promised myself no vacations for a very long time...the last few have totally done me in. Maybe you should come visit us instead (hint, hint)!

Meredith said...

We loved visiting you guys in Mattawa. It made us long for a time when we can move out into the country! Thanks for sharing a bit of it with us and our kids, and thanks for the apples!