Friday, September 26, 2008

Football



Collin started football this fall much to the amazement of his parents. I thought he was going to stick to only his one obsession - Farming and only things that go along with that. He has a lot still to learn - being that he's only 10 and doesn't have parents who watch football on TV. He's been to a few high school games and when Grandpa Bob comes to visit (or we visit them) he sees games and bets on them for Grandpas contests. He had his first game yesterday and got to go in for about 5 plays. They have more than 30 kids on the team so I don't think he'll get too much playing time. But he's learning and trying something new so I am VERY proud of him. Doesn't he look tough?
Collin is on defense. He played safety - I know almost nothing about football so that means nothing to me.


Cameron made it to the game (since it was in Othello) and the girls played with their new friends - and distant cousins, Carmen and Emma (in the pink sweatshirts -they are both in Chelsea's class). I sat with Angela (their mom and Cameron's 2nd cousin) during the game and was glad she shared her blanket with me since I came ill prepared. Not sure what I was thinking.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I am shocked that Collin is playing a sport. I never thought I'd see that day. I hope he has fun and will want to play in the future (or even try a different sport)