Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Pumpkin Patch






Saturday I decided that we needed to take the kids to the Country Mercantile pumpkin patch. I couldn't think of another day this month we'd be able to go so I called Gigi and Meredith to see if their families could join us. Amazingly even our husbands all agreed to go. Gigi and I drove together and got their first. While we waited for everyone else I agreed to let the girls get their face painted. But as soon as they started everyone else arrived and then all the kids wanted it done. Collin was not to happy because it took another hour (it seemed) to get that done before we could head out for the very short hayride out to the pumpkin patch. We decided that this was something that would be more fun for NON farm kids because one of the things to do (besides the hayride pulled by a tractor- which we have plenty of) was to climb a straw bale stack (which we also have plenty of). So why did we pay to do these things? Who knows. Something to do to make it finally feel like Halloween is coming up. This pumpkin patch was geared to preschool aged kids and I think next year I'll have to go to the one with a corn maize that is geared to older kids so that Collin isn't soooo bored. Notice his bored look while impatiently waiting for the face painting to get done.





Morgan and Chelsea were very happy with their butterfly/flower face painting. Mia got her Princess Mia crown and makeup. Mason got batman and then proceeded to face plant in the grass when he tried to fly!




After everyone getting to pick the perfect pumpkin out of a giant patch we headed to Round Table Pizza for dinner. It was a nice memorable way to spend an October Saturday.
Afton, Taylee, Bruin and Camryn. Below is my Cameron along with his sort of name sake- Camryn Harker. Collin, Regan and Taylee took the longest to find their perfect pumpkins.

2 comments:

Shaina said...

I think it's fun to go to a pumpkin patch, but I agree. If ya already have one in your backyard, then what's the point? However, you spent the day as a family. Always a good thing.

Michelle said...

Yes, the farmers going to the pumpking patch is pretty funny. But I'm assuming that your girls had fun even if Collin wasn't so thrilled. It's most important that you spent that time as a family. Is that a "real" pumpkin patch? As opposed to the ones we have here that are just pumpkins lined up in the dirt.