Tuesday, June 2, 2009

St. George - Part 1

My mother in law, Jane, asked if I'd fly down to St. George with her for my nephew, Jordan's graduation (we actually flew to Vegas and rented a car).  Since I already left my kids while I went to my sisters weekend, I decided that I'd have to take my kids if I was going to accompany her.  So off we went with my 4 kids in tow.  Collin immediatly ditched us to head to play with his cousins, Corbin and Connor.  The girls and I stayed at my parents house.  The girls loved doing the slip and slide in my parents back yard.  Don't my parents have a beautiful view of St. George from their house?The next day, after Jordan's graduation (Collin went but we decided an 8 a.m. graduation was too early for the rest of us) and a BBQ at Bret and Barbara's  (where we arrived to late to actually see Jordan before he left for Disneyland with his class), we went to the Splash Pad in downtown St. George!  This place was so fun and FREE too!  My cousin, Karen, brought her granddaughters whom she was babysitting and her daughter, Tara, and her 3 kids to join us.  My kids loved this place and the weather was perfect (low 90s and sunny- pretty cool for St. George in June).
This is Karen holding Annaleise and Kalia.  I love to read their Mom, Heather's blog - so it was fun to finally meet these girls that I'd read so much about.  Below is Kalia when we were trying to get ready to leave.  She' snuck back to the water again in her diaper!

2 comments:

Krystal Trapnell said...

We love to go to the splash pad in St George! Looks like fun!

Michelle said...

I'm going to have to go to that water place next time I'm in SG. Did you get to see Heather at all or did you totally miss her?