Monday, July 20, 2009
Faint
So an hour or so ago the girls and I decided it was time to change Morgan's earrings for the first time since it's now been 6 weeks since she had them pierced. After pulling out the first one I thought they didn't look quite healed yet but went ahead and put in the pink dangly one she wanted in and then did the other side also. Just as I was putting on the back Morgan said I feel really tired and then I don't feel well. And I looked and realized that she was once again about to FAINT! I picked her up and carried her to the bed and slapped her face in the process and she woke groggily. So was it the earring removal that caused this? I'm not sure because just over 3 weeks ago she came inside from playing in the very hot weather with Collin and said she didn't feel good. Then she sat on my lap and fainted! So what should I do? She is my only fainter in the family. She fainted at Walmart about a year or so ago after hitting her head on the kid cart doing a flip over the bar. And she fainted when she was about 1 when she hit her head on the ground after Collin accidently pushed her too hard going around in a circle on a baby car type toy. So is she just prone to fainting or is it something more? Should I take her to the doctor? Any advice?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I would say recall all the times (dates) she has fainted and the circumstances surrounding them (what was she doing, how long she was out, how difficult it was to bring her around). Write down detailed accounts. Take her and the information to her pediatrician. Let him/her check her out. If they say she is fine and that it is just something she is prone to, then you know. If they feel the situations were too different, too spread out, too close together, and want to check into it further...then you will hopefully find something out soon.
I definitely don't feel I am an overly protective or cautious mom, but I would take her in. That is just my opinion.
(Stan always says go in to find out what it is not if it seems like something isn't right- that worked when his folks were visiting and we thought his dad was having a heart attack and his dad thought it was heart burn!
He had a heart attack! The 3 day vacation turned into 4+ weeks.)
She is just like me! I am so glad she is named after me, it is just so perfect. Crazy though, I didn't start fainting until I was 12 :)
I like Jenny's advice. It never hurts to have something like this looked at.
I remember the Wal-mart incident since we happened to be there at the same time. I would call and talk with a nurse at your Ped's office and see what they say.
I know Kenzie Smart used to faint every time she put her earrings in! Some people just have weak stomachs! But I would ask the Dr. just to make sure!
It's probably nothing but I would ask the doctor...then you don't have to worry about it! I have never seen anyone faint--although, I read so many books with fainting heroines growing up that I always wished I could be a fainter :-).
Just call Melisa.
Post a Comment