Monday, August 3, 2009

Found!

Over a year ago I was devastated to realize that the watch that a wore on a daily basis and given to be by my loving husband was missing!!! It's an awesome watch (purchased at Costco) that is solar powered so it never needs a battery as long as it gets light and was water resistant to 100 ft which meant I even wore it when I swam in the Caribbean Sea! I was lost without my watch. My kids kindly tried to replace it for Mother's day with a cheap watch from Target but it was just not the same. So finally my husband replaced it with an equivalent watch that he purchased when we were on a cruise in Alaska. Fast forward to Sunday morning and I was looking for a pair of earrings that I had stupidly left on the arm of the couch the night before. I was digging under the couch cushions (which I had done many times before including vacuuming more than once and moving) and instead of pulling up an earring pulled up my beloved watch! Oh happy day! Now I have 2 nice watches to wear!!!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Will you send one of your nice watches to me? I lost my good watch about 2 years ago when I took it to the store to get the battery replaced (it was a bad trip to the store all around). I bought a new one that I can't stand and I'm hoping that I lose it so that I can justify buying something new in hopes that it will measure up to my original watch. Probably more info than you wanted to know.

Congrats on finding the watch. I can't believe it's been hiding in your couch and even survived your move.

Ashley said...

That truly is a happy day! I had one watch for ten years, then I lost it. Every time I try to replace it, the watches just aren't the same. I understand your happiness.

Rebecca said...

Congrats, I guess I need to give my couches a good dig and maybe I'll find some long lost treasure.

Shaina said...

what a nice day for you!! Glad you found it.

Haley said...

I love it when I find long, lost items. I found my ipod the other day (which had been missing for a couple months) and it made my week :-)!