Well, I seem to be officially horrible at this blogging thing. Once a month is not good. I am on the internet everyday so I should sit and do this for a minute. That is my routine most mornings. . . get up, make breakfast, maybe watch a few minutes of the Today show before turning it to cartoons for Mia and Chelsea (after Collin and Morgan head for the bus) and then sit down to check emails etc.
Mom and Dad came to visit us for a week. We went over to Kent, Wa to visit Rebecca and family. We got to go to Christians baptism and see their new home. Then we came back here and waited together (with Mom and Dad) for Rebecca to have her baby. She still hasn't but they headed back again Sunday night to stay with her again and help her get her house put together before that baby (who is late) to finally come. It was nice hanging out with my mom and having her entertain my kids. She read to them and played games and helped with dinner and babysitting.
I refed Morgan's soccer game on Saturday. That was kind of fun but I wouldn't have been able to do it with Mia and Chelsea on the sidelines. Maybe Chelsea but not Mia. She has been clingy recently and hates nursery. Not good. She is talking more and more each week and it is fun to hear her. She loves playing with her babies and pushes them around the house in the strollers alot. She loves shoes though mostly Morg and Chelseas flip flops. I took all four kids and myself to the dentist (Sam) this week and we all are looking great. Minus Morgan (my only kid with any teeth problems). She has another cavity (she had 3 when she was 4) and she got 2 new molars that need sealants. She had sealants on her other teeth but the cavity is inbetween the teeth where you can put sealants. Now I've got to floss her daily. So next week will be an expensive trip to the dentist (self-employed farmers don't get dental insurance). Oh Sam also sanded off Morgan's ugly stain she's had on her tooth since she was 1 yr old (I think it was from her iron meds).
Collin has had to do a report (5 paragraphs on a person, place or animal) every week. He's done great. Better when he is really interested in what he picked to do it on. This week was the Letter G so he chose Grand Coulee Dam. They have been studying dams in school so he really liked this one. Plus I think it goes right along with his love of farming since many of our farms wouldn't have water without the GC dam. Collin is missing his cousins (Corbin and Conner) and doesn't really have any friends around here he likes to play with. He's been a good kid though, going with Cam and discovering that reading for fun isn't so bad. He's read a lot of books since school started. Maybe I should have kept track. But I"m really proud of him.
Chelsea is loving preschool. She goes 4 days a week and it is a lot like what Morg learned in Kindergarten. She has followed in Morgan's footsteps (and mine too) and draws alot. But she is also trying to write alot. Everyday she fills paper with letter all strung out and pretends they are words and sentences. Sometimes she asks me to read her what she wrote. Most of the time their are very few real words hidden in it but it is a start.
Cameron has been busy and stressed. We miss him around here. We have enjoyed the Sundays and snipits of times when he makes it home before the kids go to bed to spend time together.
Mia came in to hug me. Time to get on with being a mom.
No comments:
Post a Comment