Monday, January 7, 2008

Back to School

I think December just flew by. After an early thanksgiving I felt like we had plenty of time to get things done before Christmas. Boy was I wrong. For the first time since Collin was born I did NOT send out Christmas cards. I didn't make any goodie plates again this year (not that anyone probably missed getting any more treats that they don't need). I love the treats but feel guilty because I'm trying to get in better shape and eating 5 cookies and 3 pieces of fudge off of a generous treat plate someone brought did not help the situation. I did way too much last minute shopping. But we did manage to have an awesome Christmas. We were able to give lots to those in need and still have more than enough for ourselves. Santa was very good to us and gave us lots of the things we asked for. Cameron and I along with Morgan all got new skis and boots. During our trip to Utah after Christmas we got to use these and they were awesome. We plan to spend as many Saturdays as possible on the slopes this winter. The girls all loved their Hannah Montana dolls and stage and the outdoor place house. Collin got way to many tractors to add to his collection. After more than a week away with my family (and a little bit of time with Cameron's brother Kips family who was also staying in Utah for vacation) we are home and trying to get settled back into normal life. I don't think any of us were ready for today. Getting up and heading back into the real world. Collin was not excited about school. Morgan was tired but the only one happy that school was starting again. Oh I guess Chelsea is also very excited but she didn't wake up until after 8am. She still has a bit of a lingering cough but other than that I think she is over her illness she got after returning home from Utah. Mia also got sick in Utah but other than a runny nose which isn't unusual for her she is over the fever part. I finally packed up the last of our Christmas decorations this morning and hopefully over the next few weeks I will get the house organized again finding spots for all of our new toys. That will be quite a job in itself. I'll have to write more later. I'm way behind for myself since I'm using this a bit like a journal. Love ya. Sorry I didn't send out a card but I loved all of the ones I received.

1 comment:

BARBARA said...

so what is this a novel you are writing??
-bret & kelli