Saturday, January 12, 2008

New - almost free - Mattress

We are soooo excited. We got a king size mattress about 8 years ago and it was a good bed (Sealy posturpedic). We've loved it until recently. It had sunk some and was not so comfortable. Cameron's back has been hurting (mine some but nothing to complain about) and he went to the chiropractor a few times last month because of it. Well, after our week in Utah (Cameron really having no back pain) and then coming home and sleeping on our mattress and the pain was back. So he decided the mattress had something to do with it. He said we needed a new one. I didn't want to spend the money since I have lots of things I want like a piano, new kitchen table and a bedroom set that I'd rather put it towards. So one day he called and asked me what kind ours was and that he was pretty sure it had a 10 year warranty. I said there is NO WAY they are going to give us a new mattress for nothing. But he called the store (Northwest Mattress Center) and found out that we could get a free mattress if ours had sunk more than 1 1/2 inches in the middle. So the owner came out on Friday and it had! She said come into the store tomorrow to pick out a new bed for free! (as long as it was in the same price range). So we went today to look and we liked one of the "free" beds fine but Cameron fell in love with a better bed (I did too really) and so we paid the wholesale difference to get that one. Unfortunetly, we don't get the new bed for almost 2 weeks but it's still pretty exciting. I guess we won't be getting those other furniture needs for a while longer though. But a good night sleep on a new comfy mattress may make up for that.

Other news: Mia came home from Utah with a fever and quickly that got passed around this week to Chelsea, Collin and then Morgan. Then back to Chelsea (weird) but she's been acting the worst today even though she went to school all week. So I took her into an immediate care place suspecting she might have strep throat. Guess what . . . she does. The first for our family ever. So she gets to stay home from church again tomorrow since she'll be contagious until Monday. Hopefully no one else gets it. I don't want it!!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

If I could, I would get a new mattress every year. I can't stand even small sags in the bed but I guess I have to live with it.