Monday, March 31, 2008

Question for You

Ok. I do have pictures to post but I thought I'd better post without this morning and get something new on my blog since it's been a whole week. I worked out 3x last week (3 days in a row and took the kids swimming on Thursday after I had already worked out that morning). I was pretty proud of myself and was tired but not really sore. I even tried a rpm class (spinning) and felt like I got such a good cardio workout (the seat was too hard and I had one of only 2 padded seat covers!). We had a fun date night with the Harkers and the Bybees - shopping (Cam got new shoes), dinner at Red Lobster and then volleyball at the Harkers building with some other couples. It was so fun. I had always wanted to play with Tammy and Meredith. I could tell my body pump class had helped my arm strength because I was able to serve without pain and I even served out the back a few times! I haven't done that in years. Boy have I got some new discovered muscles. I took the kids shopping for some new clothes on Wednesday and we had a memorable time at the mall including Mia tripping while running in Childrens Place and spliting her lip open and gushing blood all over her face and my hands. I only had a diaper in my purse and held that to her face to stop the bleeding. It finally stopped and we ran to Macy's too clean up. She had a fat lip with a scab on them for days after. She is finally looking back to normal. Then on Saturday I was trying to get some laundry done plus helping the girls clean out the playroom and closets and I went into my closet to get some more clothes for another load and I accidently pulled on the iron cord and it fell right on my head!!! I think it took me a second to process what had happened and that it really hurt! Then I screamed at the girls because they weren't cleaning (not my best moment) and realized I was bleeding. Then I called and screamed at Cameron for not keeping the cord out of the way of the laundry basket! I had a headache for hours. Not sure why I didn't take advil earlier. My head is still tender but there doesn't really seem to be a scab or anything.

Ok here is what I need help with: My ankles and hands seem to always be swollen. Why is that? Cameron said I must get too much salt or not enought water (I doubt both of those) because this has been going on for months. My ring that Cameron gave me for our anniversary is a 7 (I always thought I was a 6.5) and my socks leave rings around my ankles daily. Yuck. But I don't think they look swollen. Do you guys have any ideas for me? What can I do? I know the obvious would be to go to a doctor. But I'd like some idea of what I could try before that one. Anyways. Let me know. . . Ok. Now this is an edited part that I'm adding. I think I'm just fatter and older. That is the obvious explanation. I was just hoping it wasn't that. That's life I guess.

8 comments:

Deborama said...

hmmm, your getting older! :( That would be the most likely thing, retaining water. But your not a pop drinker and thats what causes that the most.

Michelle said...

My advice is to ask my advice nurse-Melisa. The only times I've had water retention like that is when flying long distances and when pregnant.

Megan said...

Yeah. I am beginning to think I'm just fatter and older! So sad to think that might be the real reason. I do weigh probably 10 lbs more than I did 2 yrs after Chelsea.

Rebecca said...

ooh, Kankles

Rebecca said...

That comment was from Mike NOT me! I'm not sure what to tell you but I get sock lines too. My fingers seem fine though.

Attitude of Gratitude said...

Hey I wanted to let you know if you go to my blog and scroll down on the left side is an icon that says Leelou Blogs. Just click on it and it should take you to the web page where you download the pages. Also, she makes custom headers that are neat if you want, she has the link on that page. Call if ya have questions. Happy Hunting!

Yasmine said...

If you're working out a lot and not drinking enough that COULD be the problem...I hate to say it but Cameron might be right. Maybe.

BARBARA said...

Have you changed your birth control because different kinds have different types of progesterone and estrogen levels which can be Na+ and K+ sparing which will cause water retention because where ever those ions go water goes with it. Also Na+ typically likes to stay outside the cell so in your tissues...hence the water rentention. Your body will excrete some Na+ but it can only do so much. A nautural dieretic is Lemons so..lemon water but even then it might be better to go back on your other Oral Contraceptive because it could (mostly likely only in women who smoke as well) can lead to stroke...Also to add another comment if your already noticing edema in your legs you already have 1-2 liters on fluid pooling in your legs. Hopefully this is helpful. Lots of Love Kelli ;)