I can't believe I forgot my camera! I'm so sad. I didn't think about it until I got home or I would have asked Yasmine to take some pictures. Yasmine, being the super good friend that she is, threw me a party!! (She also threw me a baby shower when I had Mia). We're still not sure exactly when we'll be leaving but sometime early in July.
So about the party: I had some of my favorite people in our ward come and it was so fun just hanging out and eating and talking. It seems like I don't get together with just women like that often enough. I will miss these women in my ward so much. I want to thank them all for coming and I really hope I can keep in touch with all of them. (The guests were besides Yasmine Gilbert: Chrisitina Maughan, Anna Stoker, Kristin Thurgood, Desiree Reynolds, Amy Strong, Raquel Volmer, Kelly Hansen, Chaundra Hammack and Trude Lawler -this list is mostly for me so I don't forget who came.) They are all great women and I hate leaving this ward behind. Melanie was there in spirit I was told but got back from 'the Trek' the day before and was too exhausted to move. I'm glad she helped plan the get together.
It was a great day for me because I decided to get a baby sitter and go shopping alone for over 3 hours before the party. I almost spent half that time in one of my favorite stores: TJMaxx! I don't go there enough and when I do I hardly ever take the time to try on clothes for me. I got myself some cute shirts, roxy flip flops and a beach towel. I also made it to Target and picked out the carpet and paint for our "temperary home" that were moving into. I wish I could have hung out at the party longer but after having a baby sitter for 8 hours I figured I'd better go home and get my girls to bed. Luckily I still have a good excuse to have some "me" time next week too and will probably take advantage to go have a pedicure. Anyone want to join me?
3 comments:
I want to join you but it may have to be "in spirit" also. Hope you have a great birthday! It is nice having fun friends who are willing to plan get togethers.
Girls Nights Out are always lots of fun. But it's too bad that it has to happen because you are leaving. I can't believe you shopped by yourself for 3 hours like that. I never try anything on anymore with my kids. I just buy it and go home and then return when I need to.
That was a fun ward...I miss it too! Our ward here is TINY...we have a huge building but very few people. Good luck with the move.
Post a Comment