Monday, October 20, 2008

Cameron's Birthday Getaway

Cameron and I got to get away this weekend for his 35th birthday! On Friday we went with Kip and Gigi to Spokane. Along the way we met up with Neal and Tammy, Sam and Meredith and Adam and Kim. After checking into the Red Lion we quickly got ready for dinner. Sam wanted this to be a formal affair (I think he wanted an excuse to buy a tux). We went to dinner with the group (along with Meredith's cousin Amy and her husband, Sloan) to a place called Herbal Essences. It was just okay but I did love the birthday cake that they brought out for Cameron. Afterwards we walked over to the center of performing arts to see Phantom of the Opera. I saw it in San Francisco in high school and was amazed by the show. I liked it again but probably not as well. The SF theater I saw it in was much smaller and more ornate so I though it was more fitting for Phantom. Afterwards we walked back to the hotel and then decided we needed a midnight run for desserts. Sadly the only place that was open was Perkins for dessert and I stuffed myself with Lemon Meringue Pie. The next morning we got a late start after some slept in and others spent forever working out at the gym. After a very late breakfast (again at Perkins) we split up and the girls went shopping. I got lots of fun things at Nordstrom Rack and a few other places before we had to drive back with Neal and Tammy and Kip and Gigi.
Overall it was a great getaway weekend. I think the kids even had fun with the babysitter and said they like it when we only go away for one night. Maybe we'll have to go on more one night getaways with our good friends.
Besides Cameron's brothers these guys are his 2 best friends: Sam and Neal (this picture is dedicated to my sis Michelle because I know how much she likes pictures taken at the table).

Cameron laughing with his brother Kip.

The group after Phantom: Neal and Tammy , Sam and Meredith (the party planners), Adam and Kim , Cam and Me, Kip and Gigi, Sloan and Amy.

Cameron waiting for all the slow pokes on Saturday.

Cameron and I at the hotel. Behind us is where we went to Phantom.

6 comments:

Jill Wright said...

Happy B-day Cameron, you old man! I miss our crazy days at Ricks. I have some funny pictures of you 2!

Jenny said...

How fun! What an oldie! Love that last picture in the post. Happy Birthday Cameron.

BARBARA said...

Megan you are soooo BEAUTIFUL!

ShaRee said...

It looks like your weekend was a success! You need to frame that photo of you and Cameron on the balcony, you both look great! Love the sweater and necklace, you are stunning! See you at dance?

Michelle said...

Here I am finally reading this post a week late and I discover that you've dedicated the first picture to me! Sorry it took me so long to discover this, but thanks for the dedication. I actually had a pic taken at a restaurant table a couple of weeks ago that I liked. It helped that I was at the back of the photo looking tiny instead of at the front looking all fat and awkward. We need to do a few weekend getaways.

Haley said...

You look GORGEOUS in these pictures...and (like I commented in the above post) what a perfect day!