Sunday, November 2, 2008

Beach Vacation

We resurrected our annual Oregon Coast trip with the Harkers this year after a 3 year break. 2 years in a row back then we went to Seaside, Oregon together with our kids for a long weekend on the beach. This year we decided to try a different location. They found this great beach house in Lincoln City for us to stay in. It was 4 bedrooms plus a bonus play room on 3 levels and a hot tub with great views of the ocean.We drove down on Thursday after school and left on Sunday afternoon. We played on the beach and in the ocean, crabbed, played mini golf, flew kites, ate out lunch and some good meals in, sat in the hot tub, shopping at the outlets, and on the way home we stopped at Tillamok Cheese factory, Jetty fishery, and Indian and Cannon Beach . We just had fun hanging out and enjoying our good friends. Here are too many pictures of the trip.The guys after their swim. Mia (her first time to the beach) and Bruin got knocked down by a wave soon after getting down to the beach the first morning and were ready to head to the hot tub to warm up right away. Mia never ventured so far in after that first morning. Luckily I was quick too rescue them but not before they both rolled a few times across the sand in the water!All but Chelsea (who thought the tub was too hot on her cold toes) and Meredith (who thought it would overflow if one more adult joined the party.crabbing by Moe's. The lazy sea lions sunned themselves across from where we were crabbing. I don't think most of the kids even realized that they weren't just more rocks and drift wood.

The kids did NOT want to leave Indian Beach to head for home. They probably could have played for hours longer if we let them. Too bad the tide was coming in and we missed seeing all the good tide pools by the time we got there. Thanks to the Harkers for planning such a fun trip and inviting us along again. We're working on finding a place for our next adventure.

9 comments:

Michelle said...

The beach looks gorgeous. So does the beach house. It sounds like you guys had a great time. Next year we want to come. My favorite pictures is of Cameron and Sam in their wet suits and someone's giant bum right in the front!

Shaina said...

That looks really fun. I agree...If one more person got in that hot tub, I think it would have busted!

Deborama said...

I love ocean pictures, they are so fun! Your dog is too cute too! where did you go after the movie?

Jen said...

Looks like so much fun - what a great trip

Haley said...

I love the Oregon coast...beautiful beach pictures...the beach house looks nice--the last one we stayed in (on the Oregon coast) was covered in shag carpet! P.S. Max is cute.:-)

Carolyn said...

Hey so I hear Cameron saw my mom (sister Lumpkins) in her witch costume in Benton City on friday. She was working as crossing guard that day. I laughed so hard when she told me that.

Rebecca said...

So one day you really have to plan a joint family vacation with me! But for now, it looks like a great trip with friends.

Yasmine said...

Looks beautiful. One year I want to drive down the oregon coast to my parents house. I've never seen it!

Jenny said...

Those are the kinds of friends we are hoping to have one day if we ever stay somewhere long enough. I feel like we might be on the vurge of that here.
Everything look soo fun! What great memories!