Sunday, April 19, 2009

MY CAR!!!

For starters . . . only one day after having my car washed some birds decided to use it as their perch/outhouse.
But even worse than that . . . Cameron had to leave church early today and was headed back to pick me up. He was driving down J Road (which is the one we live on) and when he got to the illegal mexican trailer park at the end of the road a lady backed right into him. Obviously without even looking because she didn't even slow down. Cameron swerved because other wise he would have T boned into the drivers side and probably hurt the woman. Instead, since she didn't stop backing up she backed into the entire drivers side of our car from front door to back tire!!! It doesn't look as bad until you open the doors and realize how dented in it really is and that the bottom part had popped back out!! Then to top it all of the teenage passenger (probably the only one who spoke english) got out of the car and starting yelling at him that it was his fault because he was driving too fast. She said that the speed limit is 25 in front of their house. Well- she is WRONG!! And he told her that and probably much more because he was so mad. The speed limit is 50 on county roads and he was not doing that. He said he was going 30. Which is about what I usually drive on our gravel road! And many of the spectators also commented to Cameron that it was his fault and that they have kids and that Cameron's employees also drive too fast!!!! Give me a BREAK . . . like he can keep all his employees from speeding.

Well, guess what else . . . big surprise . . . when the sheriff showed up (he backed up Cameron saying they were completely in the wrong even if he had been speeding the accident would still be their fault) and the lady had NO INSURANCE! She had told Cameron she did when he asked her. So needless to say we are both ANGRY about the car and the whole situation. And we're going to have to pay for it!
Both doors are dented in about like this. Notice how even the inside frame of the door is dented and the hubcap is scratched.
On a happier note - it's a beautiful, sunny day outside and the girls got to paint outside while I examined my car and cleaned it out in preperation for taking it to the shop tomorrow.

6 comments:

Michelle said...

It's a big bummer. Hope the car gets fixed quickly and doesn't make your insurance go up too much.

Attitude of Gratitude said...

I won't say what I was going to say--it is not nice. My condolences to your car which I know you've waited for forever and I'm glad the weather is warming up.

Ashley said...

I was wondering why you all came to church in Cameron's truck. That stinks! I've noticed that those drivers don't look from those houses on your road! That's maddening!!! There's no way he could have been going over 30 that close to the corner!

Deborama said...

Thats so annoying! sorry

Heather B said...

Ooooooh, I would be SO TICKED TOO!!

Yasmine said...

I'm ticked on your behalf. That makes me mad just reading about it. Some people!