The funeral for my beloved father-in-law, Val R. Calaway was held on Monday, April 13th at the Wahluke building. Followed by his burial at the Othello Cemetary. The night before there was a viewing at the Funeral home in Othello. I was amazed that Jane was able to speak and tell about his life. 35 of the 36 Grandkids sang (Kellen is on a mission) I am a Child of God and Families Can be Together Forever. After that all 7 boys spoke for a few minutes about their Dad and what kind of man he was. Which overall reminded us that Val had a strong testimony of the gospel and he shared it with whomever would listen (he was always a missionary). Cameron was the last to speak and although I can't really remember what he said exactly. But what I got out of it was that I need to work harder on my testimony and knowledge of the gospel so that I won't be afraid to share it. It was nice to visit with so much of the Calaway family that week and reminese about Val's life. I think he should be very proud of the life he led.
Here are a few pictures that I took:
Kip saying goodbye at the funeral home


Collin, Morgan, Mia and Cameron saying goodbye before the viewing at the church. Chelsea looked once but then wanted to sit down.
The pallbearers

His casket

Collin, Morgan and Chelsea hiding me at the cemetary
(this is from Barbara's blog)

Val was a veteran
Chelsea and Morgan hugging Jane

The vault

Cameron and Mia

The Sunset Jane chose for the top of Val's vault (he loved to watch the sunset each night)


Jane with Regan at the cemetary
(I stole this picture from Barbara's blog)
Eric, Cameron, Courtney, Jane, Jeff, Bret, Kerry, Kip

Jane with our family after the luncheon
6 comments:
Megan,
This was a beautiful funeral. We were sad that we did not have a chance to talk with you and Cameron. Cameron's talk was wonderful. What a testiment to Val's life to have such wonderful sons who spoke so highly of their dad. Dan and I were truly touched. I was very impressed with Jane I think that would have been so hard, but she did an amazing job. What a tough lady.
Kim
Really great pictures and nice thoughts. Only Jane could make what is so hard look easy. It just won't be the same without him. . .we're glad we got to see you all the same and hope it isn't long until the next time.
Those are all really great pictures. I can't believe Jane was able to speak. There's no way I could do that.
Goodness, all that looks so familiar. What a mixture of joy and sadness-- your family looks wonderful. Val was lucky to have such wonderful family.
I'm glad Mike and I were able to come out to attend the funeral. The service was beautiful and very inspirational. Val was a hard working man and a great missionary.
I stole one of you pics! Its so good! Too bad I didn't get to see you tonight! That movie was cute.
Post a Comment