Friday, November 6, 2009

Cruise to New England & Canada - finally!

My parents treated us to another family cruise. This time we went on Norwegian Cruise Line's Spirit to New England & Canada. Not my first pick of places I'd want to cruise to but I was happy to be going with my family. My Dad said that seeing the leaves turn colors in New England in the fall was on his "bucket list" of things to do before he dies so that is why he picked it. My whole family minus my oldest brother and his wife met up in Boston for the trip. My parents also invited their friends the Naegles, 3 mother in laws- ours- Jane, Melisa's - Mary, and Rebecca's - Cheryl (who invited her daughter in law - Denise). Robynn and Michelle's husband couldn't come so they brought Robynn's boys (world travelers), Aydin and Altan along.
I have lots of pictures I want to post so I'll be breaking the post up so that I don't go crazy trying to get my pictures in the right order.

Cameron, Jane and I flew from Pasco to Boston and arrived at about 2 am to our hotel. The next morning we met my family for a guided walking tour of the freedom trail. On the way to the walking tour Bec and I found one of our few memories from our trip to Boston when we were 8 years old - the brass fruit in the street at the market place!


We split up into 2 groups for the tour - this was the "young" group.
Cameron posing in front of the old State house (I think)
When the tour was over and we'd had our donut and hot cocoa from one of the many Dunkin Donuts we were off to find the Harley Davidson shop in Quincy Market.
Then it was time to board the ship. After some craziness of trying to get everyone from the hotel to the ship we finally arrived and enjoyed seeing the Boston skyline as the ship pulled away from the Harbor. I love Cameron's look in this picture. It's kind of a combo - model look/ seductive one.
Our first stop was in Bar Harbor, Maine. We split up randomly to wander the town before our trolley tour to Cadillac Mountain. Michelle, Robynn, her boys and I went on the shoreline walk. My Mom and Melisa joined us for part of it but ditched us when we were taking too many pictures.

Robynn, me and Michelle posing in front of our ship.

The boys and I hiked down the rocky ledge to get our first touch of the Atlantic before we realized we had all already touched it before. I touched it on my first cruise to the Caribbean and they had touched it in Africa. So this was our first US touch of the Atlantic!

The boys were models of the moose hats and porky pine puppets in one of the many souvenir shops in Bar Harbor.

It was finally time for our informative Trolley tour. The rebels sat in the back of the bus!

Another view of our ship - this time from the top of Cadillac Mountain.
Cameron and I - he's always so happy to take pictures together!
And Rebecca and I before boarding the ship. I'd have to say Boston and Bar Harbor were my 2 most favorite stops on this cruise. Partly because they are in the USA and I knew more of the history of the areas compared to freezing cold Canada.

More posts to follow . . .


5 comments:

Jill said...

I LOVE the last 2 pics you look gorgeous. Purple definitely is your color! Looks like you had fun...besides being so stinkin cold!

Rebecca said...

Cameron needs to put his chin down and do the seductive eyes more often. He may not be smiling but at least he doesn't look mad :)

Ashley said...

He's actually smiling in a picture!! I love the picture of you and Rebecca.

Jenny said...

Yeah for pictures!
The last picture reminds me of the one you 2 took outside of our apartment in Rexburg when we were in college...you know the one, it is practically famous(at least in my mind). It use to be my go to picture for you guys when people asked to see pictures of some of my roommates. I turn 34 in January and it would be nice if you guys started to age like the rest of us.

Michelle said...

Brass fruit? It's gold trash! I still crack up at that model-ish crazy picture I took of Cameron.