The loaves just got made and below is just when I put them in the oven.
I finally decided to use some of the fresh ground wheat that my Mom brought up for me at Thanksgiving time. First, on accident I made the whole recipe which makes 4+ loaves. So I thought I'd go with it and test out my "convection" oven and see if I could cook all the loaves together. Sadly I was disappointed with that option. The biggest loaves that I made into cinnamon bread came out doughy in the centers. But otherwise they taste great. I sent the kids to the neighbors will the smallest loaves so hopefully those one were cooked better and I won't be embarrassed that I sent over bread. We had bread for dinner and it's still delicious if you eat around the dough! Next time I'm cooking them only on one rack. And probably only making half a batch. Now I just need to get some wheat in my food storage so that I can actually use the wheat grinder my Mom gave me for Christmas! Another thing on my to do list - stock up on food storage!
That's the finished product before we devoured it. I know you think I'm just so domestic!!
6 comments:
I've been wanting to make wheat bread for a week or so now but have just been too lazy and tired to do it. Looks yummy though. Get to the cannery and get yourself some wheat!
Totally domestic. I think I'll make some bread today too!
I wish I had a wheat grinder!!!!
Very impressive!!
You're do amazing. The bread looks beautiful.
I have yet to make homemade bread while being married. your cinnamon loaves look so yummy! and yes, you are so domestic and my self-esteem just took a hit because i realized that i need to Martha up a bit and learn to do these things.
Convenction doesn't work well with bread. I often use it on my rolls but I sometimes have to switch the pans near the end so they cook evenly. Bread is probably to thick for it to work well.
Post a Comment