Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Eagle


So we are loving our new neighborhood and have discovered another benefit to living on the lake surrounded by nature . . . bald eagles. Soon after we moved in our bishop told us that usually in February bald eagles can been seen fishing through the breaks in the ice on the lake. A few weeks ago I came home from church early with Mia and discovered just that. A bald eagle sat on the ice in the middle of the lake for probably 30 minutes while I watched it (on and off) taking pictures and looking through the binoculars (which now have been permanently in our kitchen window). Later after everyone else came home we saw it come by and land on the ice a few more times and one time just fly by. One other day I saw it down here but since then I've regulary seen 2 bald eagles farther down the lake when I drive the girls to school. I can't believe I thought it was so cool to see bald eagles in Alaska and now I get to see them in my backyard!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Very cool. How come they are only there in February?