Cameron being the true farmer that he is decided to (along with his brother and business partner, Kip) expand their operation to now include - A DAIRY! It has been operating for about 2 weeks now and the boys are loving it. Since us girls had never ventured out to see it (luckily it is not in our backyard) we took a Sunday drive to check it out. We missed milking time which would have been interesting but the kids still enjoyed it.

Cameron showed the kids the stalls filled with cows.

Collin showed the girls his favorite, friendly cow. Some of the other cows are very curious but none of the others will let you pet them and practically lay on them.

All the cows resting after giving their milk away. Cameron says they are averaging about 90 POUNDS of milk per day per cow! I can't imagine carrying that much milk around each day!

Then Cameron took the kids to see where the cows get milked. Luckily it had just been washed down and it was super clean in there. (I was told it gets washed down daily and so do the cows every time they come in to be milked.)
So that is our new farm adventure. They sell the milk to Darigold who comes to pick it up every other day. Sadly, I don't think I can support Cameron by purchasing Darigold milk since when I checked at Walmart it was about $1 more per gallon. Maybe someone else will though :)
11 comments:
That looks so fun! 90 gallons is amazing!
I agree with Haley, 90 gallons is a lot of milk.
Awesome. Love the dairy boots that Cameron and Collin are wearing. What an adventure for the guys.
Looks like a fun adventure. I have to say Darigold milk is worth the $1.00 more per gallon, it just tastes better to me.
Milk. Drinking it isn't my thing, but I'm very familiar with milking cows..and making my own milk. lol.
I think it's super cool to have a dairy.
You should be getting the milk for free since you're the one supplying it in the first place. I can't believe Cam is now a dairy farmer.
Don't buy milk at the store, just take one of those cows home. Then you can be a REAL farmers wife by getting up at sunrise to milk it!
So pretty, much prettier than I would imagine a dairy farm to be! Super clean! :) I can't believe those poor mamma cows have to carry around that much milk, I thought 8 oz in mine was bad! :) My kids are going to want to come check it out!
Yeah! Wonderful pictures. My kids are going to want to come visit also!
You'll have to take us there next time we are out to visit. I can't believe you didn't take us there last week :( Whatever. I'm sure the boys will like it better than my girls.
That's awesome. 90 lb. boobs would hurt though.
Post a Comment