Saturday, May 22, 2010
The Wizard of Oz
A little more than a week ago, Cameron finally brought home our trampoline and our girls playhouse from our old house in Mattawa. He decided to set the playhouse on our raised patio right outside our master bedroom window. Very quickly I decided I didn't like it there because it blocked part of my view of the lake from the bed. So on Wednesday I knew that I wanted Cameron to move it as soon as possible since I'm no longer capable of attempting such feet's (I have moved it before but never down stairs). But Wednesday evening right after Cameron arrived home and the whole family was getting ready to go to our activities at the church, a TORNADO decided to hit Moses Lake! It picked up the poor little house and hurled it 15 feet away down onto the grass with a crash. Everyone heard it hit and ran outside to see the damage (at the time we didn't know it had actually been a tornado). Mia cried because her playhouse was RUINED.
The next day Collin, being the worker that he is, decided he'd take it apart and try to put it back together. But before he moved it too much I had him reenact "The Wizard of Oz" for me. (Sadly, he doesn't even know the story) He played the part of the wicked witch.
Most pieces are salvageable but I don't think the roof or front door survived. Who knows if it will ever get put back together well enough to play in again. I had plans to paint it pink and white this summer. Oh well - one less project.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Awesome last picture. Ha ha. Poor Mia. Boo on tornadoes.
I love the reinactment!!
Tornado? Seriously? I love the picture of Collin as the Wicked Witch. Maybe you better tell him the story or let him watch the movie.
Oh my goodness, I can't believe a tornado hit Moses Lake! And the poor house, I hope you can salvage it. That last picture of Collin is great, and that is too funny that he doesn't know about the Wizard of Oz. That's a classic!
Collin didn't have any striped knee high socks to wear? How funny. But, glad it was just the little playhouse, and not your big house!!
That's really really sad. I would cry too if my play house was destroyed!
I showed the kids and they thought it was crazy. We get tornado through here every couple months. they usually touch down on the other side of town thankfully.
oh thats FUNNY!! love it. sorry i miss getting to see you get a preggie fat:( im sure you are sad about it too.
Post a Comment