Monday, November 19, 2007

This and That

We have no school for the next week because of parent teacher conferences and Thanksgiving. I had a fun weeking of shopping, working out, and going out to dinner with friends. But Sunday reality of being a mom came back. I was teaching my primary class when we were interupted with the message that Chelsea threw up all over herself during jr. sharing time!! So I go to clean her up and find my husband and he is no where to be found! So I go to just get in my car and go home but it is gone. So I had to wait until he gets back (he went home to take an Aleve b/c his back was hurting). Lovely!! Well, luckily that was the end of the throw up so far. Random because she has been fine ever since. But I didn't want to take her to the gym babysitting today so I had to flake out on my friends who were going to the bodypump class this morning and I had to cancel my personal training session. Not that I'm too upset about not finding out how much body fat I have accumulated over the years of little to no exercise.

I met with Collin and Morgan's teachers on Friday. It was nice to hear how things were going. I really like Collins teacher and it was fun to hear about his class experience so far. Both are doing fine. Not scholars but about average. Morgan is a bit behind in reading but right on or better with her writing. Collin has caught up with about everything and is getting his highest scores in Science which was perfect for him since it went right along with his love of farming. He had written an essay though that almost made me cry. It was basically about how he hates living in Tri cities and that he wants to move to the farm. Not that I didn't know that already but it was hard to read his own words about the subject.

Got to get back to being a mom again.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I can't believe that Chelsea threw up at church yesterday. Yuck!! I'm glad she's better. You should just have Collin move to a farm by himself. He's old enough now, isn't he? Is there any chance he'll change his mind on what he wants to do with his life when he gets to be a teenager?

Anonymous said...

I read your blog all the time! I need to be more diligent and update mine! I am glad to hear you are all doing well. Your kids are beautiful! Miss our lunch dates at your house! Take care!