My brother, Ryan finally got married on Saturday to Tatiana Herrera. Cameron and I flew down to San Jose, California for the ceremony. It was a quick trip - down friday and back Sunday. So we didn't get to do much. The weather was the worst of the month and poured rain most of the day. I was really hoping for a sunny California day. But the hills looked beautiful with the green. I really wanted a picture of an oak tree on the hill by my old house but with the pouring rain I never ventured out to take it. I have always wanted a picture of an oak to remind me of growing up in California. Most people think palm trees when they think of California. But for me growing up in San Jose it was mostly oaks. All the palm trees there are not natural to the landscape. Anyways, back to the trip. Cameron and I got there Friday afternoon and checked into our hotel after picking up our rental car, a black Dodge Charger. It was weird driving a car after always being in his pickup or my Expedition. We went out to my sister, Michelles, house in Pleasanton since we have never seen it. We went to lunch at Fuddruckers, a little shopping and the movie, "Jumper." (just the 2 of us). Saturday we had to do more shopping since one of us failed to remembered to bring Cameron a white shirt to wear to the wedding. I got myself a new handbag. The wedding was great. Ryan met Tatiana while surfing in El Salvador 3 or so years ago. After not finding anyone that compared to her in the US he finally decided to settle down with her. She seems very nice and Ryan looks very happy but she doesn't speak much english so I still feel like I don't really know her. But she picked a great dress and even made the beautiful sleeves herself. You can't tell but she added a lot of beading
to the sleeves to match the rest of the dress and it looks perfect. After the wedding ceremony we ate good food and it was fun to talk with family and old friends. I wish my kids could have been there to see their cousins but I'm glad we didn't bring them. Sunday our flight got delayed so we missed our connecting flight so we had to go from San Jose to Portland to Seattle where again our flight was delayed and so we didn't get home until 8:30pm. (5 hours later than expected) We could have almost driven all the way home in the amount of time it took us to fly with the layovers. But we made it. I don't think Cameron wants to walk anymore in the shoes he was wearing! But it was a good date weekend! Couples need that every once in a while. I highly recommend it!
No comments:
Post a Comment