Saturday, May 31, 2008

Zipline in Hoonah, Alaska

Here is our last day of excursions! We (Cameron and I plus our brother in laws - Mike, Dan and Stephen - Attila did it later) did the longest zipline in the world - over a mile long starting at about 1500 ft down to sea level. It was a 45 min bus ride up the mountain before a long (almost 2 hrs) wait in line and then 90 seconds down the zipline to the bottom. Cameron probably got to the top speed of 60 mph! Here are some pictures from up on top. There was no time to take any from the bottom since we had to run to the next "excursion" - whale watching! I put the video of my trip down the zipline as a side page element so check it out!

Mike, Dan, Stephen and Cameron looking cool -even though they were really scared!

Waiting in the long line!

Look how far it is down to the bottom!

Time to go! - no turning back now -there are NO REFUNDS!

3 comments:

Deborama said...

Cute pictures! Did you get you ziplining?

Megan said...

someone has a picture but I haven't got it from them yet. I need them to email me some.

Michelle said...

Your zipline video is hilarious.