Today was my kids first day of school and on top of that a new school and a different school for each of them!! The small town of Mattawa has outgrown their schools and keep having to build new ones. Now they have an elementary school for Kindergarten (Can you believe Chelsea gets to go!) and 1st graders (there will be 10 all day kindergarten classes this year with about 20 kids each!). Then there is the Intermediate school (which Morgan is in along with her cousin Ben) for 2nd through 4th grades. Then the middle school (Collin is in 5th grade along with his cousin Regan) that consists of 5-6th graders. Then the junior high (7-8th) and High School!! I can't believe my kids are in different schools. They also wear uniforms here but it is pretty easy for the younger kids. They can wear jeans, skirts, shorts etc (in jean fabric, khaki or black) but they have to wear a polo shirt that is white, black, burgandy or gray (there sweatshirts have to be those colors too). Morgan was bummed but it will make things easier in the morning when they are so limited in the shirt choices. I took the kids to school this morning and the girls both got the teachers I was hoping for but Collin (because the new school didn't get his transcripts yet with his test scores) wasn't able to get him a schedule. He finally ended up with a home room but had to retake the mapps test so they could get him into the correct math and reading classes. Should be interesting to hear what he has to say when they get home in an hour. Chelsea will be in all day kindergarten starting next week. Today she got to go to her classroom to take and assesment test. She said it was fun but it made me realize I've failed as a mother this summer since she could no longer recognize some of the letters she knew while in preschool!! Guess we've got to jump back into reading and writing at home more ASAP!!



I took a picture at breakfast in case we didn't have time for one afterwards! I did manage to make a good one - homemade buttermilk pancakes and buttermilk syrup and sausage. This is a favorite at our house. Sadly I didn't have time to do the girls hair cute! Hopefully I'll get myself up earlier tomorrow so we can get everything done. It was just so hard to make my wake up time so early after a lazy summer of late nights and sleeping in!
4 comments:
Awwww....what a bitter sweet day. I'll be going through that next week when Hunter starts gateway. I think the uniforms are great! I always wanted to wear uniforms when I was in school and maybe someday my kids will.
I heard about Bishop Volmer (SO WEIRD)when Jason called me on Sunday night. I'll have to see it to believe it. Jason had me guess who it was and I picked Dave on my third guess, but I was SORT of kidding.
Guess who I met here in Maui? Christina Maughns sister. She lives near here and saw me at church and introduced herself. I guess Christina gave her a heads up that I was coming. Small world.
Anyway, have a great first week back at school. I'll call you when I get back. I really need to work out. I've been swimming a LOT but I've also been eating a lot too!
I saw Collin when I picked up Clarissa after school today. He was waiting at the flag pool with her for a while. I was hoping I would see you.
Cute pictures, Collin is so cute and Clarissa thought he was Reagan. I told her I thought it was Collin, he has grown lots since I have seen him. I hope they all had an ok day!
I will post mine soon! I did a quick picture, making everyone get out of the car for it!
The kids look so cute. Stan and the kids headed back to school on Monday. Just me and Brin at home now.
I cannot believe little Chelsea is going off to school--your kids are growing too fast!
Post a Comment