Yesterday evening Chelsea was run over by a 4wheel drive golf cart while playing with her siblings and cousins at Cameron's office employee dinner that was held at their shop. I believe it is a miracle that she walked away from this accident! From the information we can gather she was backed over and the tire went from her hips across her back and over the side of her head (and from the obvious bruises and scraps). I'm surprised she wasn't crushed! Amazingly after cleaning her up and giving her lots of hugs she just wanted to go to bed after we got home. Then this morning she wanted to go to kindergarten!! I cried on the way to school thinking about it and worrying what is going to happen to her at school and if she's really okay. Maybe we've missed something. I walked her into class and told her teacher what happened so she said she'd call me if Chelsea needed to come home. Here are a few pictures of how things looked last night. I'm guessing the bruises will get worse but I hope not! I'm still shocked she didn't break something. I don't think I'll be letting her ride on these vehicles again with the kids playing recklessly and with little supervision! I don't think she has plans to get back on either. 



This isn't the vehicle that she was run over but the closest thing I could find on the internet. She was sitting in the back and jumped out because she was scared and then backed over!

This isn't the vehicle that she was run over but the closest thing I could find on the internet. She was sitting in the back and jumped out because she was scared and then backed over!
12 comments:
I am so glad she seems to be okay. How scary! She is so sweet - wanting to go to school the next day. That is how my little Abigail would be. I am hoping she will continue to progress and feel better soon without all those bruises getting too purple and green! Give her a soft (BIG) hug from the Fullers!
I am so sad this happened to Chelsea. She is a trooper going to school. I hope she heals quickly.... give her extra vitamin C, that speeds up healing (I learned that after a few surgeries)....Megan both our hearts hurt for our daughters right now. Isabella has a rash or hives going on that looks like Chelsea's back. Started yesterday in town, going back again soon for bloodwork to find out if it is viral or allergy! Not fun having our girls in pain!
That is horrible! Those tracks will be more visible when they turn more purple I bet, it looks so bad! :( Poor girl and Mom! I hope she heals fast.
Crazy, ahhh, I hope she feels better soon.
That's really scary. I'll have to tell you about an accident that Stephen's nephew was in a couple of years ago. You'll never let your kids around riding "toys" again.
Poor girl!!! I'm so glad she's OK!! It would break my heart if sweet little Chelsea was hurt!
Wow! That really did get her good. Glad she's o.k.
Oh my goodness! We're so sorry Chelsea! Hope you are on the mend and feeling better each day. What a scare for you Megan!
Oh my heavens! Miracle for sure! I can't believe she walked away from it.
I feel like I am needing an update on Chelsea. How is she feeling? How are you doing?
I want to see the more black and blue pics? Did it get worse? Your comment on the bikes is funny, Scott could only dream of me coming. He begs me everytime, Im such a pansie Im like "no thanks". :( Scary!
I am soo glad she's okay! I could barely read the story...my eyes were filling up with tears...so scary! Poor Chelsea and poor you...nothing is worse than seeing your babies in pain! What a trooper she is!
Post a Comment