Saturday, March 28, 2009

Chelsea's 6


I was so happy when Chelsea came into our family. We had just moved to West Richland 11 days before and I was in heaven in my big, brand new house. I loved our neighborhood and my new double stroller and I walked around the block multiple times a day that spring and summer. I think between that and having stairs and just loving living in the city I lost the baby weight pretty quick. Chelsea was an excellent baby which helped too. She slept well and rarely spit up. (She changed around the time she was 18 mo and decided that for attention or something she would throw up everytime I put her to bed (for 6 mo) so that she could get out of bed and hang out with me or not nap) I try to forget that period of time though. Eating her 1st birthday cake above and after a haircut at age 3 below

So onto her birth story. Sadly, I was turned away once when I thought I was in labor with her (how embarrassing). On her due date I was finally induced. I think I was at the doctors office for a checkup and when they checked her heartbeat it was low or under stress or something and sent me over to the hospital. It was my first delivery where I got an epidural that worked. (Collin: no time for one, Morgan: didn't work- only my feet/legs were numb) Dr. Anderson was so funny and told me a story while he delivered Chelsea (I think to distract me) about how his son was stabbed by a knife in the dishwasher while wrestling with an FHE sister at Ricks. I remember asking Dr. Anderson if she had a tiny head like my other babies (Collin and Morgan were both 5 pounders). He said no and so did Cameron. She looked so big when she came out and she definitely didn't have a little head. She weighed 8 pounds and seemed huge. My parents who arrived around the time she was born came over to see us with Collin and Morgan. (I'd have to say trying to remember the birth story was a bit difficult-I need to refer to her baby book but it's packed away right now- I also can't find the CD with the pictures of her at the hospital so that's why I don't have that picture on here)
This picture was taken on her first day of preshool her 2nd year (age 4)



Chelsea has been a joy to raise. She loves to play with her sisters. She is well behaved and does well in school. She lets everyone know and feel loved. She went through a phase which she isn't out of: She would tell me multiple times a day or hour "I love you, Mom." Sometimes at night I would get mad at her (kind of) because she'd get out of bed ten times to tell me this. Still when she wants to talk but doesn't know what to say (especially when someone is over or were hanging out at someone else's house) she'll come over and say um Mom . . .I say "yes" then she pauses thinks for a minute then out comes her usual "I love you!" and runs off to play again. I've had teachers tell me how sweet and loving she is and she has told them she loves them too. She is a bit timid to try new things but once she does she gives it her all (like skiing). I think she is beautiful and kind. I am so glad I get to be her mom!We celebrated her birthday on Sunday which was a good thing since she wasn't feeling like celebrating by Tuesday when she had her horrible rash (and a fever that night). I stayed home from church with Collin(who was sick) and Mia. While home I set up for Chelsea's family party - I bought this festive table clothe and even bought a helium tank so I could have balloons during the 4 hours on Thursday which I didn't have sick kids home from school. I made her cake which was not too pretty close up but she thought it was cute and she helped put on the m&ms. We had dinner, opened presents, played apples to apples kids and then had cake and ice cream. We are planning a friend party but had to postpone it due to illness. Hopefully all will go well and she'll have that party the day before Easter.

Happy 6th Birthday Chelsea!

6 comments:

Heather B said...

She is SUCH a beautiful girl! I love that picture of her on her first day of preschool. What a sweetheart. I'm glad you finally got an epidural that works. That gives me hope.

Attitude of Gratitude said...

Chelsea is the most adorable little girl I know (well, her and Morgan), but since it is Chelsea's birthday we'll make it all about her! I love this kid--man, I miss babysitting her and listening to her stories and playing make-believe. She is truly a kind girl and she is beautiful inside and out! We love you Chelsea--HAPPY, HAPPY Birthday!

Attitude of Gratitude said...

P.S. I meant to add Mia in there on the beautiful list too. Three adorable girls. Megan, if I have any daughters, can I send them to you and let you raise them? You are such a great girl Mom!

Rebecca said...

Happy Birthday,Chelsea! We can't wait to have you over to our house to play with Sydney!

Christina Lyon Maughan said...

I think I will always remember Chelsea the way she looks in her 3 year old picture. One of my favorite photos is of Chelsea and Benjamin at about 15 months, lying on my couch, drinking out of bottles. So cute.

Michelle said...

Happy Belated Bday Chelsea. You are too cute. It makes me laugh every time I think about your "I Love You's" to your Mom. The big pause...the thinking of what to say...and then "I love you" comes out. Hope this stage lasts a long time.