Wednesday, June 3, 2009

St. George - Part 2

I've been reading my cousin in law, Allison's blog for a while now and love how her house looked in all the pictures.  So I had to make a stop at her house to check it out for ideas for our future home.  We are the same age and met at Ricks.  I can't remember the details but I know she came up to me and introduced herself as my cousin, Justin's girlfriend (he was going to Dixie).  I love that when I stand next to her I look tall!


My girls loved her house and playing with their  2nd cousin, Hadley!  She had a great selection of dress-ups and a cute pink room.  Mia and Hadley are only a month apart in age.  I wish we lived there so Mia could play with her all the time.  Mia loved their stash of candy too!
After some shoppping we stopped at a bouncy place for an hour.  They liked it but said they liked playing at Hadley's better.  (Good thing we had some good coupons and it only cost us $5 total to play there)
Another day we did our usual St. George activity - riding horses and roasting hot dogs and marshmellows.  We brought Corbin and Connor along for the fun again.  
Corbin and Collin riding Duke and Mable - very tame, easy to ride horses. 
Connor and Morgan
Chelsea and Megan
Mia loved to trot!
Chelsea finally got brave enough to ride alone at the end.
After we got too hot at the corral, we headed to another park and splash pad with Karen and her granddaughters.  This was the kids favorite toy to play on.
This is Mia with Kalia.  (I think Mia is over a year older but she's not much bigger)
The boys thought this was tons of fun too.  They all decided that the downtown splash pad was more fun though.  
I decided after making an apron during the girls getaway that I needed to make more and they would be a good project to keep myself busy at my parents house.  Morgan wanted an apron made for her also.  I ended up finishing 6 aprons and have 2 left to still get done (Chelsea and Mia decided they needed ones also).  
Here is a token picture of my kids with my parents just before they headed off to church and Jane and I headed for the airport! Thanks Mom and Dad for showing us a good time in St. George.  

6 comments:

Michelle said...

I love Morgan's apron. I'm going to have to hire you to finish mine.

Good thing you put a token picture of your kids with G&G Stringham in there!

hatch said...

It looks like you had a fun trip!

I love that kitchen!

Alli E. said...

Your kids are adorable!! We are so glad you guys stopped by! You do look tall next to me! (And I even had my 2 inch heels on!!) Stop by again next time you are in town!!

Jenny said...

What a fun trip. I am hoping that my trip to Utah will be somewhat fun and relaxing instead of constantly in the car trying to visit as many people as possible in a small window of time.

Heather B said...

That really is a beautiful kitchen. And you look way tall! I'm glad Kalia had so much fun with you guys. I hope I don't miss your next trip.

Deborama said...

Looks fun, I love you guys on the horses!