Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Catching up in June

Morgan turned 9 and I'm sad to say I never got around to blogging on her special day. The weekend before she had her best friend from Mattawa over, Ashley Jenne for her very first (non cousin) sleepover.For her birthday I bought her a bunch of new summer clothes (she was in desperate need) and gave all the girls some sunglasses. Cameron decided to help model them.
We had a fancy dinner and I even got out the china and had apple cider to go with it. Not too exciting of a birthday but we're planning on eventually having an "unbirthday" summer party combined for all the kids together this summer.
Morgan is a great big sister, helper for Mom and really reminds me of how kind and loving her namesake is (Rebecca - her middle name). And she sleeps in just like her also. I think she looks so 80s trendy in her new clothes!
This month we done a lot of this. Mostly in the evening when Cameron gets home from work. I, of course, just get to sit in the boat this year and hold the flag when necessary. Collin did this awesome whip out and I actually caught it!
Chelsea is posing in front of the smooth lake and our house is in the background.
Another shot of our house, we've been "parking" the boat by the tree so we can just jump in when Cameron gets home. It's a bit dirty from that but for now I'm totally ok with that.
The girls have all tubed lots along with Collin and it's so fun to see their happy faces!

Another day, Max decided to join in on the fun (I didn't) but Cameron said he spent the whole time hiding under the steering wheel. Not sure if he'll go again now.


Morgan and Chelsea on {FINALLY} their last day of school - JUNE 16th! It was strangely cold and even rained and we were so glad (maybe just me) to be done getting up early and rushing off to school.This is how Collin spent his last day of school. He actually didn't go to the last 2 days and missed 2 days the week before also to do this. He loves to bale hay and both he and Cameron thought his time was better spent here than watching movies doing "activities" those last days.
My parents came to stay with us for a week and this was the only picture I took. My mom, as usual, did some sewing projects for me. This time on top of teaching Morgan to sew a little (they made a bunch of tiny pillows for Barbies) she made curtains for Collin's room, outdoor patio pillow covers, made Mia's queen size quilt into a twin and used the extra fabric to make new bedding for their doll bunkbeds.
We also played games a few nights which Cameron and I always lost in. Sometimes the kids played too (during the day). On the last night we played 5 crowns again. (If you haven't heard of it - it's super fun and you need to get some cards to play it- my girls and I even played today) I got a GREAT score and finally beat my parents and so did Cameron.
Now we have more lazy days and busy days planned and hopefully I'll get around to blogging again sooner. I'll just blame it on being a lazy, pregnant mama for not blogging very often recently. (I'm over 31 weeks now)

6 comments:

Yasmine said...

31 weeks? Time for a belly shot!

Jen said...

I am VERY jealous of that smooth lake and nightly boating!

Sara said...

i love 5 crowns!! best game! i need to buy it and introduce it to my fam. derek's mom is the one that got me hooked on it.

BARBARA said...

wow! glad to see you guys are having so much fun at your new house. love the pics!!!

Deborama said...

Super cute! I love the dog in the boat! What has happened to you people! I can't believe you got 22! So impressed!

Michelle said...

I'm now just catching up on 3 weeks worth of blogs! I wish I could go boating with you at nights. The lake looks so nice. Mom & Dad need to come here again-I've got lots of projects to be done here.