Monday, October 6, 2008

Family Pictures

We decided to have professional pictures taken for the first time since our wedding. Other than the huge group family pictures on both sides. And I'm not talking about going to JcPenney's or Picture People. I'm talking about a real photographer that does a 2 hour photo shoot and takes lots of pictures and not just five or so. We had Billie come out from KBphotography to take our pictures at the Othello farm where we will eventually be building. She didn't think the sun was just right yet so we took lots standing by the shade of the haystack and out by the railroad track that is nearby. By the time the lighting was right for the family picture Mia was done! And the mesquitos decided to come out in full force!! It was no fun and so we don't have many family ones to choose from. I'm sure I'll end up spending a small fortune anyways since I love so many of the individual ones of my kids. If you want to see the picture proofs you can go to www.kbphotography.smugmug.com then click on family and then Calaway family. The password is farm. Let me know if you have a favorite. I really loved the photographer and I highly recommend them. They also have a blog www. kblightphotos.blogspot.com Next time we'll just remember that the sun sets a bit later there than in Tri cities and to wear mesquito repellent! I was miserable with bites for days afterwards.

10 comments:

Rebecca said...

I have a SUPER THOUGHT! The pictures are great. I wish I was there so I could have had a few taken also. You should have had a few individuals of yourself. Hadn't thought of that until now. Anyway, your pictures turned out so much better than my JCPenney ones. Imagine that.

Jen said...

I love the pictures - they are so gorgeous! We have an appointment to get pictures done by a photgrapher in about a month. I found one that will sell us the CD at a reasonable price - since that is what I really want. You should see if they will sell you the CD of images. I hope ours turn out half this good.

calawayfamily said...

those are such good pics did you get those local in othello or did you find them in mattawa ???? its a thought well thanks for sharing with us !!! -derek

Heather B said...

They turned out awesome! These were my favorites: 3,5,13,14,18,36,67,55,67,70,73,75, 88,89

Michelle said...

Do you think they'll come out here to do family pictures for us? I love lots of the pics...to many to type out here.

Yasmine said...

Best pictures EVER! SO GORGEOUS. It's true that there aren't a lot of great family ones, but the ones where you guys are walking hand in hand are cute. The individuals of the kiddos are BEAUTIFUL. How will you choose?

Julee said...

WOW! They are fabulous. You are going to have a hard time picking your fav's from those. I really liked the one of your family walking, also the one with the 3 oldest in black and white, the one of you and your hubby kissing on the train tracts, and your little one in the field reading a book. GOOD LUCK! You're gunna need it!

Shaina said...

Those are some really "super" pictures. Good luck narrowing them down.
You should do a sibling photoshoot with your family.
Glad you figured out how to make your comments "super!"

Attitude of Gratitude said...

Love the family pics--especially the black and white of Morgan sitting on the tracks--SO Cute!

Carolyn said...

Great pictures. Your kids are georgous. I also wanted to make sure you know who I am. You and your husband taught my suday school calss when I was about 16 and my last name was still Lumpkins, It is Kerestes now.