Monday, July 13, 2009

Time for Tubing

My awesome husband took us out in the boat 2x this past week! (We were super happy about this since last summer that is all we used the boat the whole season) First, we went down one afternoon to the Columbia River to test it out and brought along Joseph Witters to ride. This was his first time tubing and although scared at first thought it was (and I quote) "freaking awesome!"
(There are lots of photos to follow but I wanted to make sure there was some of everyone who came along)
Collin and Joseph Witters

Me posing with Mia and Morgan
Collin, Joseph Witters, Mia, Me and Morgan
On Saturday, we invited the Yorgesen's and Bird's along to Mar Don to try boating out there. I had never been there and the men hadn't been there since high school. The water was way warmer and it was nice to have a sandy beach for the kids to play on instead of the rocky one found on the Columbia. We spent many hours here tubing, playing, getting sunburnt and very sore (including my elbows).

Collin, Matthew, Morgan and Cameron (covering himself up like in a scene from "the proposal") on the tubes
Collin, Matthew, Morgan and Leon
Chelsea, Me, Mia, Luke, Andrew and Leon
Chelsea, me, Morgan, Collin and Matthew
So the best close up picture of me was taken at the exact moment that a bug flew in my eye and I couldn't let go of the tube to get it out! You can tell by my lovely expression that it did not feel well and I was blinded until Cameron finally stopped and I could dig it out!

Cameron got to drive the boat most of the day and the only time he got on the tube I was on the shore without my camera (therefore no pictures of him having any fun)
Matthew, Leon, Luke, Collin and Bryan holding on for dear life.
Luke and Chelsea had a great time playing together all day long! I hear Luke has a crush on her.
Cameron needed some help with his relaxing along side Bryan and Leon and Morgan was kind enough to do that!
This was the last run of the day - Collin and Matthew were the only ones up to still tubing on the way back to the boat launch.
Collin asked yesterday if he could start his own blog so he could post pictures that he took. I told him no that he didn't have enough things to blog about yet to have his own. That I would just post the pictures he took. This is one of more than a dozen pictures he took again of his tractor toys that he wanted posted. I narrowed it down to this one because at least the girls are in the picture pretending to admire his collection.

5 comments:

BARBARA said...

i like the picture of camera showing his muscles. i dug around and found my magnifying glass and wow! so impressed :O

Michelle said...

Cameron is a WHITE boy! I love that picture of you with the bug in your eye.

Bob Stringham said...

Who is the White whale with all the wrinkles on the back side. Someone needs to get a little more exercise rather than spending the whole day riding around in a truck!

Rebecca said...

Wow, Dad commented! and it's sarcastic...imagine that :) So when are you going to take me boating? I'll try not to make fun of Cameron's farmer tan. Collin, you have an amazing collection. Great job.

Deborama said...

Wow, nice comments for poor Cameron! His farmer tan kinda gets me going! :) I love all the pics! Nice of you to never go boating when you lived by me!